Ambition And Working From Home
If you’re a fan of country music, Dolly Parton, or watching great films, you’ve no doubt heard of the song, “9 To 5”. In case you haven’t, do a quick search and give yourself a first listen. It’s the song that has inspired this post! Here is one of my favorite snippets, and if it’s not new to you, you know where I’m going with this!
“Tumble outta bed and I stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
Yawn and stretch and try to come to life
Jump in the shower and the blood starts pumpin’
Out on the street the traffic starts jumpin’
With folks like me on the job from 9 to 5″
The tune is a catchy one, so if you’ve looked it up for a listen, listen again! You know you want to. If you already know how it goes, good luck getting it out of your head! This song has been in my brain for weeks! I don’t suppose it helps when the 5-year-old demands Alexa to play it nearly every day! 🙂
Let’s talk about this word and what it means for you and your business. I could talk about ambition in general, give you examples, etc., but we really need to dig a little deeper and apply specific practices to business, so we’ve got a better chance at success. Don’t you agree? How about we break it down.
I fancy this definition of ambition found at Lexico.com: “A strong desire to do or to achieve something, typically requiring determination and hard work.” In other words, ambition is a fancy word that means someone has a desire or passion to be successful. I suppose the definition of success is all based on one’s own perception, which is completely ok!
Do you have a routine you follow? Of course, motivation is a key factor in success. Check out this article to learn more about motivation in your business! Routines are important, specifically if you’re your own boss and working from home. I’m not a great example of someone who sticks to one set schedule. You can imagine that with two kiddos running around all day, we have plenty of interruptions.
What’s the first thing you do when you get out of bed? I’m sure you take a few steps to the nearest restroom, assess the damage to your hair and face that took place somehow in the night. Maybe you’re someone who jumps straight into the shower and carries along with your day. There are others, and I’m one of ‘them’, who as of late, does nothing before brewing a piping hot cup of coffee. You could say that’s my initial dose of ambition.
Things then progress in a semi-formulated way. Get the kiddos some breakfast, school work, get dressed, my work, a quick walk… you get the point. But what is it inside of me that keeps me from hanging out in my pajamas all day long, sitting in front of the tv on the couch? I could think of one million things to do before digging into my work for my business. If you’re honest, so could you. But, successful marketers and online entrepreneurs have something in common. Need a hint? It starts with ‘Am…’ and ends with ‘…bition’. That’s right! 1,000 bonus points for you! These successful entrepreneurs are not lacking in the ‘ambition‘ category!
Ambition And Working From Home
Recently, I read an article from a blogger, who drove home the point that no employer is going to hire you based on ambition. The argument was that no one looks at that, as the potential boss cannot see ambition from a resume or from an interview. The blogger of the said post was encouraging folks to keep their ambition hidden, and not bring it up in an interview.
Having said all of that, it should go without saying, that if you’re your own boss, you’re not interviewing for some corporate desk job with a big scary interview on the horizon. In fact, the opposite is true. You’ve hired you already and it’s up to you to motivate yourself. Is ambition necessary if you’re working from home? You better believe it is! It’s not only necessary, but it is important!
Now, if you’re sitting there thinking all hope is lost because you feel you’re lacking in the ambition department, do not fear! There is always time to instill it in you. After all, you’re going to want to at least try to stir up some ambition. This will drive your motivation and thus, inspire you to succeed. What’s not to love about that scenario? Take a peek at some tips that have helped me…
- Eliminate Negatives ~ Negative thoughts and feelings about how you perceive yourself will only hinder your success. It’s imperative to turn your negativity into something positive. As a quick example, if you’re someone who thrives on organization, that can easily be seen as a negative trait. Turn it into a positive one! Create an organized workspace with all of your favorite things so you’ll be inspired to work from that area.
- Set Goals ~ This sometimes goes without saying, right? We have been told since we could listen that if we want to be successful in life, we need to set goals and follow through. Well, as a youth, that advice might have fallen upon deaf ears. Today, I’m telling you, that if you want to be successful in business or in life, you do need to not only set goals but follow through! Set some time aside to create a valid list of measurable goals that you can honestly commit to trying to work toward.
- Don’t Limit Yourself ~ Don’t be afraid to take risks. Successful people seem to have few limits. They are willing to explore new horizons, especially if they’re new ideas. Have you heard the phrase, ‘No risk, no reward’? Sure, you may be uncomfortable or even scared. If you can push through these limiting beliefs, you’ll likely find that you’re able to make it through the risk and earn your reward. Be brave!
- Imagine The Possibilities ~ Don’t ever forget that you are a creative being. It is important to dream and to imagine. We often tell children to use their imaginations. It’s also important for adults as we try to gain authority and trust in our online business. Your imagination could also help you battle negative thoughts. Use it to battle the negative! Dream big always!
- Never Stop Learning ~ Just as it’s important in many careers to continue education to stay on top of all things up and coming in that area of work, the same is true for you. It is crucial to understand advancements in technology, new developments in your niche, etc. Research when writing articles. Be on top of your expertise. Remember, you are aiming to gain the trust of your readers and customers. Prove to them you know what you’re talking about.
- Remain Committed ~ This, again, might have you rolling your eyes. It’s true, though. If you only focus on these tips for one week and then quit, you won’t get very far, will you? No. These are things you’ll have to practice on a regular basis. When you start to feel like you’re becoming more and more ambitious, keep practicing them! Wear these tips out. You won’t be sorry!
Ambition is a state of being. People who are successful are oftentimes also said to be ambitious. This can be the same for you, friend! If you apply the above list of tips to your daily routine, you may be surprised at the results! You could see the positive changes you’re desiring! Ambition and your business go hand-in-hand. Give it a try! Best wishes as you continue to develop your ambition! Go grab a coffee or a tea and begin today! Start now! There’s no need to wait any longer when searching for your path to success! It’s straight ahead, my friend!
Until Next Time,
8 thoughts on “Ambition And Working From Home”
Extremely impressive post. Very positive and inspiring. Well thought out points!
Congratulations for a great piece of work…from the heart.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I’m hopeful that you were able to take away some tips regarding ambition and working from home! The tips listed have really helped me to stay on track with building my business! Be blessed today and always!
First of all thank you so much for sharing such an excellent article with us. My ambition is to do something and succeed in the online world and I can work in the online world at home .I have been working in affiliate marketing for a long time and I am a successful affiliate marketer. Personally I am affiliate marketing through the Wealthy Affiliate website .And I think this is the best way to make money online at home. I have been provided with a lot of tutorial videos to work on affiliate marketing. As well as providing a lot of tools to take my website to a good level, I am currently able to succeed .
Your article is really very informative. And I think everyone like me will gain a lot of knowledge and will certainly share their new experiences with you. Can I share your article on my social media?
You have wonderful ambitions! Just being able to recognize them will help to propel you toward success. I’m happy to hear that you’re a member of Wealthy Affiliate! It’s so nice to meet someone else who thinks highly of it! It’s a wonderfully helpful platform and teaches one how to build a successful online business! You are absolutely free to share these posts on social media! Thank you for wanting to!
Wishing you continued success!
Oh how I love this post, when working on building my own online business it is without a doubt that I have to look to ambition and developing a solid routine to make the most of my day. You give a lot of encouragement with the key points that you bring up like eliminating the negatives.
This old world is filled with so many negatives that it takes a lot of ambition to keep pushing forward, but with putting these key points to work will surely make each and every one of us a winner.
Thanks for sharing this, I look forward to viewing more of your content.
You’re absolutely right about needing ambition to get things accomplished! Routines are important as well! It is so easy to let the negative sneak up on us and get us down. If we can remember to look forward to the positives, we know it’ll be ok. We just need to do a little each day to push us in the right direction. Thanks so much for stopping by! Good luck to you and your business!
Hello, What an inspirational and motivational article. I have looked at many websites claiming to give you all the motivation you will ever need to make it big in business. But. none come close to this article. You have highlighted the things that prevent people from achieving success. We have all been in this situation, prevarication seems to be the main problem. You then give us a list detailing some great strategies to overcome this and move forward with our business dreams. Keep up the good work,
Thank you so much for stopping by! I’m so happy you found some ideas here to combat a lack of motivation and ambition! May you use the strategies to achieve your own success!! Best wishes to you!