You’re looking for more ways to get eyes reading your content. Isn’t that the goal of any writer or blogger? I think we can also agree that if you have a website, you’re trying to generate traffic to your content, no matter what kind it is. You may even be at the point where you feel you’ve exhausted all your ideas and have fallen privy to lack of motivation or ambition, and no real desire to push your limits any longer. Wait! Don’t give up just yet! This idea I have may just knock your socks right off and give you the boost it takes to continue through this possible dry spell you’re experiencing!
Guest posting? What’s that? Why it’s simply a clever way to grow your online business! Let’s break down the deets, shall we! Starting at the beginning, guest posting is when you write content for someone else to publish on his/her website or blog. You’re a guest providing valuable content to another website, outside of your own. I know what you’re thinking! You can hardly keep up with writing content for your own site; how will you ever find time to write for someone else?
Let’s think about this in a little more detail, shall we! Sure, you’re doing all the content writing for your own site. How are you liking the amount of traffic you’re getting? Still looking for ways to build, reach more people, and grow exponentially? I thought you might be shaking your head in agreement! Well good! Then once I share some benefits of growing your business by guest posting, surely you’ll see the many positives that will derive from doing so! This idea of guest posting is very new to me, but it’s something I wish David and I would have done earlier when we began our website! Why? There is no negative down-side! All of the reasons for guest posting present positive outcomes!
Benefits Of Guest Posting
Since I can see no immediate negative to posting content on another website, we’re going to focus on what I believe the positives are for putting your work on someone else’s online property. Remember, you are looking for ideas, correct? In no particular order, check out my list of awesome perks of guest posting!
1. You’re Introduced To New People ~ How could this be anything other than a positive? When you work from home, any relationship should be treated like gold, specifically since you seem to spend so much time away from people. When you have the opportunity to meet other like-minded people, take advantage! After all, you’ve heard the saying, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know”. Make your new relationships count.
2. It’s Great For Search Engines ~ You want your words to be found, correct? When you write guest posts for other bloggers, one of the things that should be exchanged for your work is a mention to your own website. These backlinks are great for search engines. In time, the use of these backlinks will be beneficial to those searching for your topic. Places like Yahoo, Bing, and Google will find your content easier.
3. Builds Relationships ~ When you add content to another website, you’re adding value to someone else’s website. It’s a natural side effect to meet other bloggers in the process. You may meet some influential bloggers this way, which will definitely benefit you. If you build relationships with other bloggers, they may share your content as well! You might end up growing your blog subscribers because others have shared your content and became interested in your work!
4. Improves Writing Skills ~ I once read somewhere that there are great writers and then there are Great Writers. You’ve also heard the phrase, “practice makes perfect”. The hardest step sometimes is just to begin. The more you write, the better you’ll be. The better you become, the more your confidence grows. Thus, traffic to your website will grow, along with your brand and authority!
5. Helps To Establish Trust And Authority ~ If you are guest posting for someone else, the readers at that website will see you as an expert in the field you’re writing about. You won’t be approached to write content for someone if you know nothing about that niche. If you’re sought out to write for someone else, that’s because you’re already valued. Once others begin to realize that, your own website’s brand, trust, and authority will strengthen.
6. Grows Your Social Media Following ~ If you aren’t already using social media to help get your content in front of more eyes, you need to be. There are several free social media sites that you can take advantage of. You should be sharing your content at each new opportunity. When you have others interested in your content, they’ll naturally want to read more of your work. They won’t want to miss out on any more of your writing, so they’ll want to follow you on social media platforms, expecting you to keep them informed of new content. Seriously, this is one of my favorite tips! It also gives others an opportunity to share your content. There is no disadvantage here, my friend!
A few days ago, I was asked to write a post for a blogging friend. I have written a few other posts and submitted some content for others, but this was different. Diana reached out to me wondering if I would have any interest in contributing to her site. When I saw her website, I knew that I would be able to add value. I agree with the topics she presents in her writing, and her beliefs align with mine. That made for the perfect opportunity for us to collaborate! If you’re interested in the post I wrote for Diana’s website, you may find it here.
It’s becoming quite clear to me that the more you get your name and work out there, the more others will notice you. Your online presence grows each time you publish something. In turn, your work will be linked to your own website, bringing in more interest and traffic. You will indeed grow your online business by guest posting. Something else that should be noted as well is that you may want to consider allowing guest writers for your own site and niche. Just think about being able to help other writers out as some have helped you!
Until Next Time!